The Kongu Polytechnic College has been established in the year 2007 with an annual intake of 240, by the endeavour of "Kongu Nadu Educational and Charitable Trust". As the name has "Charitable", the motto behind the start of this college is to impart quality education to the children from rural and urban areas and make them to compute and compete in the world of technology.
The college has been approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, vide their approval number: F.No.: TN/NDIP/2007-2008/012/11662, dt.: 16 August 2007 and Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai. The College is an ISO 9001 - 2008 Certified Institution.
The College has been extended approval for the year 2014-15 by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, vide their approval number: F.No.: Southern/1-2017020385/2014/EOA.
Our polytechnic College currently offers three year Diploma Programmes in the following areas of engineering:
The following courses were started in the year 2007:
- 1. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 2. Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- 3. Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- 4. Diploma in Computer Engineering
The following courses were started in the year 2008.
- 1. Diploma in Civil Engineering
- 2. Diploma in Automobile Engineering
PART TIME COURSES (ACADEMIC YEAR 2014-15 ONWARDS)
- 1. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (D.M.E.,)
- 2. Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (D.EEE.,)