Department of Automobile Engineering
The department of Automobile engineering department was started in the year of 2008. It comprises six semesters .This is in addition to their industrial training and project work. The department is well equipped with AUTOCAD, ANSYS, PRO-E, IDEAS & NASTRON softwares.
The department conducts regular lecture meetings addressed by eminent persons from the industries to expose the students to practical problems. Industrial visit to many industries are part of the curriculum, students take intensive industrial training during vacation. The department association (spring) is conducting number of personality programmes, Industrial experts' seminar and workshops every year.
The project work under taken by students during their final year is always a special feature of the polytechnic. Most of the projects are chosen in consultation with the near by industries. Every year many reputed companies visit our college and select our students to recruit them in their companies.
The department possesses excellent infrastructure including following laboratories.
- Mechanical Testing
- Quality control Practical
- Automobile chassis and Transmission Practical
- Computer Application Practical
- Computer Aided Machine Drawing
- Manufacturing technology – I Practical
- Heat Power Engineering Practical
- Industrial Automation practical
- Autotronics practical
- Manufacturing technology – II Practical
- Communication and Life Skills Practical
- Automobile workshop practical
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing Practical
- Two and three Wheeler Technology
- Project Work
The department is well equipped with laboratories for workshop, MT & QC lab, Workshop I, Autotronics lab, Heat power Engineering lab and CIM lab. These laboratories are equipped with various machinery and equipment such as IC engine , Compressor, Pumps, Impact test, Hardness test, motors etc..