Department of Civil Engineering
Established in 2008, the DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING is a premier center of developing young, innovative and intellectual constructors. It offers a diploma course comprising of six semesters. It is one of the laudable departments in the polytechnic with skilled staffs and innovative students. It has excellent infrastructural facilities to cater to the needs of the student community.
The department possesses excellent infrastructure including following laboratories.
- Material Testing Lab – I
- Surveying Practice – I
- Computer Application Practical
- Material Testing Lab –II
- Surveying Practice – II
- CAD in Civil Engineering Drawing – I
- Construction Practice Lab
- CAD in Civil Engineering Drawing – II
- Communication and Life Skills Practical
- Hydraulics and Plumbing Lab
- Computer Applications in Civil Engg.
- Project Work
- The survey lab is well equipped with standard instruments like plane table, Level and Theodolite, total station and etc.,
- The materials lab is well equipped for testing structural materials including steel, timber, concrete etc.
- The hydraulics laboratory is equipped with flow measuring equipments like Orifices, Mouth pieces, Notches, Wires, Orifice meters, Venturimeter, Bernoullis Theorem Apparatus, Pitot Tube, Rotometer and Pipe Friction Apparatus.