Department of Mechanical Engineering
The department of Mechanical engineering was started in the year of 2007. It has six semesters . This is in addition to the project work. The department is well equipped with AUTOCAD, ANSYS, PRO-E, IDEAS & NASTRON softwares.
The department is well equipped with laboratories for workshop, FM & MT & QC lab, Workshop I, Workshop II (Lathe), Workshop III (special machine), Thermal lab, Metrology and mechanical testing lab, Automobile technology lab, and CAD/CAM lab. These laboratories are equipped with various machineries and equipments such as IC engine, Compressor, Turbines, Pumps, UTM, Impact test, Hardness test, motors etc..
The project work under taken by students during their final year is always a special feature of the polytechnic. Most of the projects are chosen in consultation with the near by industries. Every year many reputed companies visit our college and select our students to recruit them in their companies.
The department possesses excellent infrastructure including following laboratories.
- Mechanical Testing
- Quality control Practical
- Fluid power Practical
- Computer Application Practical
- Computer Aided Machine Drawing and Practical
- Manufacturing technology – I Practical
- Metrology & Measurement and Machine Tool Testing Practical
- Electrical Drives and Control practical
- Thermal Engineering practical
- Manufacturing technology – II Practical
- Communication and Life Skills Practical
- Automobile Engineering practical
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing Practical
- Process Automation Practical
- Project Work